• Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • About us
  • Contact Us
  • Staff Email
Friday, August 29, 2025
  • Login
TheMattersPress
  • Home
  • News
  • Features
  • Thematterspress
  • Multimedia
    • Audio
    • Photo
    • Video
  • About us
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Features
  • Thematterspress
  • Multimedia
    • Audio
    • Photo
    • Video
  • About us
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
TheMattersPress
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Nigeria suspends mining in Zamfara

The Matters Press by The Matters Press
April 9, 2019
Reading Time: 1 min read
0
Nigeria suspends mining in Zamfara

Mining

Mining

All miners and mining investors in Zamfara have been directed to vacate sites as directed by the federal government.

RELATED POSTS

‎TMSG welcomes halt in oil theft on pipelines taking crude to export terminals

‎Group dismisses Obasanjo’s labelling of Tinubu’s administration as inefficient

Tinubu succeeding where Obasanjo failed woefully, says TMSG

Alhaji Abubakar Bwari, Nigeria’s Minister of State, Mines and Steel Development
Bwari gave the directive on the sideline of the groundbreaking ceremony of AG Vision Mining site in Suleja, Niger.

The Federal Government had announced the suspension of all mining activities in Zamfara within 48 hours.

The Acting Inspector-General of Police, Muhammed Adamu, who gave the order on behalf of the government, said the suspension was part of measures to check banditry in the state.

Adamu stated that the suspension of mining activities followed intelligence reports linking armed banditry with illegal mining activities in the state.

Bwari described the suspension as a `necessary step to curb banditry in the state.

“The suspension is for the betterment of miners, our dear state and the country at large, security agents will soon find a lasting solution to the situation.

“It is unfortunate that mining activities had been distorted in the state, even legitimate mining investors have stopped activities for the past two years ago due to banditry, he said.

The minister said the directive became necessary to protect the lives of the people and said: “While pursuing economic activities, we must also consider lives of the people.”

“We have communicated with miners to comply and shut down their mining activities within 48 hours as directed by the government.

“Although, we know the pains of shutting down mining activities within 48 hours, we are sure that it will not be long for the security agents to flush out bandits.’’

Tags: Miners
ShareTweetPin
The Matters Press

The Matters Press

Related Posts

Nigeria regains top crude oil production spot in Africa
Energy

‎TMSG welcomes halt in oil theft on pipelines taking crude to export terminals

August 28, 2025
Who is lying, Obasanjo or NAN?
News

‎Group dismisses Obasanjo’s labelling of Tinubu’s administration as inefficient

August 28, 2025
Obasanjo campaigns for AfCFTA
News

Tinubu succeeding where Obasanjo failed woefully, says TMSG

August 28, 2025
Tinubu explains mission as he marks second year in office
Economy/Technology

‎Tinubu in fresh ideas to grassroots-development using 8,809 wards initiative – TMSG ‎

August 9, 2025
Obi, PDP candidate advises Buhari to increase tempo
Economy/Technology

‎Obi’s One-Term Proposal, a gambit to grab power at all costs -Group ‎

August 7, 2025
Importers face delays, higher costs on Red Sea woes
Economy/Technology

National Single Window initiative, a major step for efficient cross-border trade – TMSG

August 4, 2025
Next Post
Minister suspends housing project

Minister suspends housing project

Buhari markets Nigeria to investors

Buhari markets Nigeria to investors

Recommended Stories

NERC, FCCPC collaborate on consumer protection

NERC, FCCPC collaborate on consumer protection

February 11, 2022
NLNG seeks partnership with NMDPRA to boost domestic gas market

Afreximbank, UTM Offshore sign project financing for floating LNG

July 7, 2022
Saturday’s by-elections not good for PDP

Saturday’s by-elections not good for PDP

November 18, 2018

Popular Stories

  • Rising prices of goods cause protests in Morocco

    Rising prices of goods cause protests in Morocco

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NLNG not responsible for gas supply shortfall, price hike

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NCC sets fresh operational fees, spectrum prices for telecom operators

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Hoarding causes hike in prices of grains

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Prices of Petrol, diesel increase in November

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
TheMattersPress

We bring you the best news update in Nigeria

LEARN MORE »

Recent Posts

  • ‎TMSG welcomes halt in oil theft on pipelines taking crude to export terminals
  • ‎Group dismisses Obasanjo’s labelling of Tinubu’s administration as inefficient
  • Tinubu succeeding where Obasanjo failed woefully, says TMSG

Categories

  • Agriculture
  • Economy/Technology
  • Energy
  • Entertainment/sports
  • Features
  • Foreign
  • Multimedia
  • Natural Resources
  • News
  • Oil and Gas
  • Photo
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Thematterspress
  • Uncategorized
  • Video

© 2025 Domo Tech World - Powered by Thematterspress.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Features
  • Thematterspress
  • Multimedia
    • Audio
    • Photo
    • Video
  • About us
  • Contact Us

© 2025 Domo Tech World - Powered by Thematterspress.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
Call Us